Welcome to CUPE Local 556!
New members will be sent a welcome package in their first month of employment. If you have not received this information, please email us at email@example.com
The welcome package has valuable information such as:
- Welcome Letter
- Your specific unit’s collective agreement
- CUPE Local 556 Bylaws
- CUPE Constitution
- Executive officers list
- Shop Stewards list
- Education Opportunities
Keep in touch
There are a number of ways to stay up-to-date with what we are doing:
- fill out the membership form online OR send an email to our Recording Secretary to be sure you are on our CUPE local 556 email list
- Come to a General Meeting — 6:30pm on the fourth Tuesday of every month. All are welcome!
- Subscribe to CUPE National’s publications for updates and information about our union.
- Like our CUPE 556 Facebook group
- Subscribe to the RSS feed for the CUPE 556 calendar (scroll to the bottom of the page to find the subscribe button)
- register for an Introduction to Union’s workshop to learn the basics of what a union is all about. Email our Education Coordinator to get signed up.
We welcome young members to our union!
If this is your first experience working in a unionized shop, you might want to start with the following link from CUPE National about how our union can help young workers: